Archive for October, 2012
Haley Strategic Partners has introduced the Thorntail Offset Mount, the latest in their line of Thorntail Light mounts. Manufactured exclusively for HSP by Impact Weapons Components, the Thorntail series is Picatinny compatible and allows you to move the light out of the way in order to accommodate grip or other accessories. This new offset model is at 45 degrees.
There’s some serious eye candy in these photos. You’ve got –
13″ Geissele Super Modular Rail
KAC Folding Front Sight
Laser Devices DBAL A3
Surefire Flash Hider
BCM Mid Length Build with an 11595E Barrel
and a little surprise as well
Yes, this is an unabashed Silynx Communications teaser for a new product to be unveiled at SHOT Show 2013. It’s currently undergoing testing in Israel.
Polartec, a Massachusetts based manufacturer of performance fabrics just announced the appointment of Gary Smith as CEO and Joe Robinson as CFO.
Polartec, LLC, a leading global supplier of performance fabrics sold under the Polartec brand, announced today the appointment of Gary Smith as Chief Executive Officer, and Joe Robinson as Chief Financial Officer, successfully completing the management succession process announced in July.
Mr. Smith, 49, brings to Polartec a distinguished track record in business, including extensive expertise in the outdoor and apparel industries. He previously served as President of the Outdoor Group for The Timberland Company, and as a Partner with McKinsey & Company. A life-long New Englander and an accomplished entrepreneur, Gary is also a passionate cyclist and avid mountaineer.
Mr. Robinson, 46, joins Polartec after serving most recently as Vice President, Corporate Finance with inVentiv Health. He previously served as Vice President, Global Finance, and Vice President, North America Finance, for the Converse division of Nike. Additionally, his career includes 18 years of progressive growth in financial and operational roles with Procter & Gamble’s Gillette group.
Mr. Smith and Mr. Robinson, together with Jon Adelman, Polartec’s current Executive Vice President, Global Sales & Marketing, comprise Polartec’s new senior leadership team.
Board member Gregory Segall, CEO of Polartec’s owner Versa Capital Management, LLC stated, “We are delighted to attract an executive with Gary’s business acumen, strategic perspective and operational experience to Polartec as the CEO. The board is highly confident that the new senior management team, working with Polartec’s dedicated employees in North America and around the world, will continue the company’s successful growth trajectory and capitalize on Polartec’s many strengths and competitive advantages, including its leading edge product portfolio and world class customers.”
Mr. Smith’s appointment is effective November 1, 2012, at which time he will succeed current CEO Andrew J. Vecchione whose transition decision was also previously announced in July.
Mr. Segall added, “We thank Andy Vecchione for his years of service and success with Polartec and for assisting with this leadership transition. Andy’s knowledge of Polartec and its industry and his continuing interests as an equity participant and senior advisor with the board positions him to be a valuable contributor going forward, and we wish him the best with his future plans.”
All day today receive $20.00 off and free over night shipping for orders over $99.00 from www.tacticaldistributors.com.
Currently consisting of the Alpha Jacket, Alpha Parka, Alpha Pant, Gryphon Halfshell and Gryphon Pant, the Hide/Dry series from Arc’teryx LEAF relies on GORE-TEX fabric printed in the popular MultiCam fabric.
Arc’teryx combines the Gore fabric with WaterTight zippers and Dry Cuffs to as well as other construction techniques to keep you warm and dry.
How can you tell if it’s genuine Australian MultiCam Pattern? Why by branding of course! In these photos taken during this week’s Land Warfare Conference currently being held in Melbourne, Australia, you can see the ADF Tri-Service Crest on AMP.
AMP was developed by Crye Precision specifically for the Australian Defence Force to provide a distinct version of MultiCam in similar fashion to the Multi Terrain Pattern for the UK MoD.
Cody Lundin reports that along with his as-yet-unnamed new partner, they have filmed seven episodes of the next season of “Dual Survival“, with six more to go (this Cape Buffalo skull came from an episode shot in Africa). Unfortunately, there is still no word from Discovery about when new season will air.
Be sure to check out his 2013 Aboriginal Living Skills School course calendar at www.codylundin.com.
Due to our coverage last week of AUSA, we were remiss in telling you about Fight and Flight Tactical’s K9 products. They’ve introduced the Basic MK VII Tactical K9 Harness Bundle.
(1) MK VII Tactical K9 Harness
(1) set of K9 Harness Pouches, Medium
(1) Medium Folding Dog Food/Water Bowl
The Mark Seven harness itself includes these features:
* Angled yoke and chest piece prevent choking, unlike other harnesses with a horizontal chest strap
* Lined with 3mm airmesh on body, chest piece and Skidplate
* PALS on sides for mounting pouches and patch panels
* PALS on top front for mounting lights and/or strobes
* Skidplate underneath provides two functions:
– interior pocket for cooling packs
– body strap channels have hook fastener inside, which mates with the loop fastener on the straps, preventing shifting of the harness
– Skidplate does not interfere with the natural functions of male dogs (customers have asked this repeatedly)
– Skidplate inner layer is 3mm airmesh, outer layer is heavy mesh, for durability and breathability
* Inner harness (with detachable leg loops) designed to take the stresses of rappelling
* 4″x9″ loop velcro on the back for mounting sensors or other equipment
* 2″x6″ loop velcro on yokes for nametapes and ID patches
* Fore and aft handles run the entire length of the harness, through the inner harness, for strength and durability
* 1.75″ drop-forged V-rings fore and aft for patrol or tracking use
* 1.75″ Cobra buckle closure on sides
* All inner harness webbing and hardware parachute spec rated (harness cannot be used for airborne operations)
* Optional PALS panel mounts on to 9″x4″ loop area for mounting PALS-compatible sensors (sold separately)
Leipers Fork Firearms is once again growing their beards in No Shave November to help raise money for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Visit their fundraising page and select donate now to make a donation to support St. Jude’s groundbreaking research and lifesaving care. Your donation helps St. Jude continue finding cures and saving children.