During SOFIC we gave you a sneak peek of Direct Action Gear’s new Assault Shirt and Pant. They’ve done a great job and in spite of the assertions of some who haven’t actually seen the garment but insist on making declarations about it, the suit is not tight fitting. All Direct Action Gear products are designed and developed with input from experienced special operations personnel and are extensively field-tested and “approved” by special operations units before they go into production and go on sale. If anything, they overdevelop their products, refining and refining the designs.
The Direct Action Assault Shirt (or ‘Bluza Szturmowa’ in Polish) was designed with the goal of being as comfortable as a long-sleeved base layer t-shirt, but at the same time to retain the functionality and durability of an outerwear garment.
– full woven FR fabric body and sleeves (Polartec® fabric currently)
– arm pockets made from 2-way-stretch fabric (non-FR) for reduced weight and increased functionality
– arm pockets can also take pads made from a proprietary combination of foam and 3D mesh for increased comfort, or soft armor inserts (compatible with the planned ‘up-armor’ ensemble for SPITFIRE® Plate Carrier)
– elbow protection pockets also made from 2-way-stretch fabric (non-FR)
– removable elbow pads made from a proprietary combination of foam and 3D mesh for increased comfort
– removable elbow pads wrap partially around the elbow joint for increased protection
– forearm reinforcing panel made from no-melt/no-drip ripstop Nylon-Cotton fabric
– sleeves can be pulled / rolled up partially when elbow pads are removed
The Direct Action Assault Pants (or ‘Spodnie Szturmowe’ in Polish) was designed with the goal of being as comfortable, non-restrictive / non-irritating and lightweight as possible, but at the same time to retain the functionality and durability needed for hard-core field and tactical use.
– 4-way-stretch fabric (non-FR) inserts in the seat and in the crotch and thigh areas provides maximum ‘give’ and comfort during dynamic physical activity with no binding or pinching
– no seams in the crotch of between the legs reduces the possibility of getting fabric burns or rubbing irritation, and the risk of infection, during prolonged tactical movements
– 4-way-stretch fabric (non-FR) inserts above the knees ensure that knee protection pads stay in the right position when kneeling or going prone
– knee protection panels / pockets are made from DWR-treated 500D Cordura® nylon (non-FR)
– remainder of garment is made from no-melt/no-drip ripstop NyCo fabric
– knee protection consists of removable pads made from a proprietary combination of foam and 3D mesh for increased comfort, with a separate polymer outer shell for additional protection
– knee protection fit and position can be adjusted with Velcro® fastening tabs
– cargo pockets are made from 2-way-stretch fabric (non-FR) for reduced weight and increased functionality
– cargo pockets also feature Velcro® panels inside for attaching blade charges or other pouches or inserts – the Velcro® also allows the user to tuck the pocket flap inside and use the cargo pocket as a provisional dump pouch
– zipper-sealed front flat pockets made from 2-way-stretch fabric feature a micro-organizer inside
– the pants also feature slash hip pockets, zippered back pockets and small Velcro® fastened calf pockets
Direct Action Gear’s Assault Shirt and Assault Pants will be offered in all of Direct Actions standard camouflage patterns and solid colors.
Plans for additional garment types / layers include:
– intermediate weight combat shirt for use during cooler weather months
– cold / wet weather protection outer garments
– specialist camouflage outer / over garments