Sales Manager—Government/Industrial Sales:
Massif Mountain Gear Company is a leading company in the world of high-tech clothing. Our company is fast-paced and high-energy. View our product line at www.massif.com. Located in the beautiful resort town of Ashland, Oregon, we offer a casual work environment, competitive salary, benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a Sales Manager—Government/Industrial Sales to drive sales of the Company’s flame-resistant apparel in existing U.S. military channels, and expand the Company’s sales into complementary channels such as public safety, utility, industrial and foreign military markets. This individual will work with the rest of the Company’s Sales team to establish, develop, maintain, and grow customer relationships in all of these arenas.
This individual must have a comprehensive understanding of the government procurement process. Experience working with DLA and PEO Soldier required.
This is a full-time position. Domestic and international travel required.
Location of position to be determined. Position reports to Vice President-Government Sales.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum 10 years’ sales experience, including 5 years’ sales experience in military/government channels, preferably in arena of technical fabrics, apparel and/or personal protective equipment
• Strong understanding of military/government procurement
• Exceptional history of consistently meeting or exceeding planned sales and profit objectives
• Demonstrated ability to build customer relationships
• Self-motivated, professional, diplomatic, with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to understand and articulate technical properties of fabrics, garments, and protective equipment
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including strong presentation skills
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
If interested and supremely qualified, please send your resume, cover letter, five-year salary history, and three business references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents should be in MS Word or PDF formats.