In 2013 TYR Tactical began developing a female specific tactical carrier system. The first step was to gather both measurement and movement data for female users.
• Focus on female anatomy driven by the need support and stability.
• Solution: Shape carrier and ballistics to have an inset/cut-in above the breast tissue to accommodate shoulder rotation, female anatomy and allow for shouldering weapon.
• Current female systems lacked the ability to provide proper plate placement. The placement of the plate
did not lay flat on the torso of female participants. It would lay at an angle, applying pressure to the breast tissue area. This ultimately took away from the ballistic performance of the plate and soft armor.
• Solution: The front of the female carrier incorporates a gusseted plate pocket. This pocket relieves tension and pressure that is normally placed on the body from the hard plate in typical plate pocket configurations. This enhances the users range of motion to allow for increased ergonomics and performance. It also provides decreased hot spots on the body by utilizing our airflow chamber technology.
• In the past, load carriage has typically been static and designed in a vertical alignment which does not self-adjust with the operator’s natural movements.
• Solution: Female shaped components such as the shoulders, yoke, collar and belt were created to enhance the overall female system.
Introducing the TYR Tactical Female EPIC Non- Cutaway System (TYR-F-EPIC-NC). It was designed to ensure proper area of coverage while enhancing the users range of motion. This both increases the ergonomics and performance of the carrier.
The Female EPIC Non-Cutaway also incorporates our Patent Pending Female Shape. Two lateral darts contour around the females natural shape while still providing a full range of motion, support and eliminates excess compression on the breast tissue.
It’s engineered utilizing TYR’s revolutionary PV material which offers significant weight reduction with increased resistance to abrasion. PVhas been tested to have 7-10 times higher abrasion resistance than standard mil spec nylon. PV also enhances the ballistic attributes of armor within the vest. Antimicrobial/FR treated padded spacer mesh is used internally for comfort.
• Patent Pending Female Shape
• PALS webbing for MOLLE attachment
• Hydration/Communication Tabs for routing
• Attachment points for a 2-Wire Cutaway Cummerbund (Sold Separately)
• EPIC™ Low Profile Shoulders
• Our Patented Ballistic Vein Increases Load Carriage Performance, Provides A Rigid Platform, Reduces Fatigue, Stabilizes & Enhances Soft Armor Inserts
• Reinforced Drag Handle
• Removable Assaulters Zip-On Back Panel
• Semi-Rigid Exterior MOLLE Cummerbund
• Repair Buckle Kit
• T52/SP Soft Armor [Meets Level II NIJ0101.06]
The TYR Tactical Female EPIC Non-Cutaway System launches Thursday, 1-Sept-16 @Midnight. Take 15% off your entire retail purchase during the TYR Tactical Labor Day Sale with coupon code: LABORDAY16.
Sale Dates: Thursday, 1-Sept-16 – Tuesday, 9-Sept-16