GORE Protective Fabrics

Posts Tagged ‘PocKit’

PocKit – Improving Your Preparedness Using One Tool for EDC

Wednesday, August 9th, 2017

Everyday, the average American phone user needs two charges for their phones. Yet only 4% of people carry a power bank. For the other 96%, the power bank is not worth the space it takes up.

Consider something else that is good to carry: the flashlight. Flashlights can be useful for providing illumination if the lights go out, alerting oncoming traffic during nighttime, and as a striking surface for breaking car windows in an emergency. Yet, most people only keep one in the drawer at home.

The folks at Matricon Innovations have built a tool combining the two. At roughly the size of 2 smartphones stacked together, the PocKit offers a power bank as well as a flashlight. It also includes a proximity tracker to protect both your belongings and your smartphone. Place the PocKit in you bag, and carry the smartphone on your person. Both will sound an alarm if they get separated.

These functions combine to make the PocKit a useful and versatile tool for everyday carry. They will be launching a Kickstarter campaign on August the 17th. Until then, you can check out their site and sign up for the pre-Kickstarter bonus.