GORE

SOFIC 2015 – Federal Resources / TAG Bump – Cover for Ops-Core Bump Helmet

The Ops-Core Maritime Bump helmet is very popular for non ballistic head protection but it is invariable worn in cold-wet conditions.  Users asked Tactical Assault Gear to build them a lightweight helmet cover.

Fully seam sealed, it’s attached via self-sticking Velcro strips that can be adhered to the helmet.

IMG_4711.JPG

Offered in Green, Coyote and Black from TacticalAssaultGearStore.com soon. Available for agency and unit purchase from Federal Resources.

Tags: ,

8 Responses to “SOFIC 2015 – Federal Resources / TAG Bump – Cover for Ops-Core Bump Helmet”

1. Chet says:

That is the ugliest helmet cover I have ever seen-Congrats TAG

2. Darrel says:

Not sure if anyone cares, but Ops Core has added the Maritime Helmet to their website, finally. Price is just under 1500$, but their lead time is *only* twenty weeks compared to the stated 6-12 months on TNVC

I am seriously considering putting an order in while it’s fresh on my mind. I’m confident that no matter what comes out in the next decade, 2.47 pounds is still going to be an extremely lightweight Ballistic helmet!

3. SSD says:

I did, but this new wordpress app is going to be the death of me. Sometimes it has a mind of its own. I loaded all of them the same way at the same time and this one it decided to explode.

4. NP says:

Because looking cool is the only thing that matters with our gear…

– 1000 points for choosing fashion over function.

5. Riceball says:

It’s funny, you have all sorts of people complaining about the “fashion show” going on in the military over camouflage and here you have others (maybe even some of the same folk) complaining about how it works. While appreciate a good looking piece of kit at the end of the day I really don’t care how it looks if it works well, this goes double if it’s something I’m issued or given.

6. NP says:

I see your point. However, camo can’t necessarily be categorized as ‘fashion’ unless its worn on the streets. Camo has a purpose, it is functional. A lot of the complaints regarding camouflage are that current ACUs are ineffective in their fielded environments. The remaining arguments are over copyright / intellectual property infringement, delays in manufacturing, politics, and other bullshit.

At the end of the day, there should be no such thing as a ‘good looking piece of kit’ just as there should be no such thing as a ‘bad looking piece of kit’. If it serves a purpose (helping protect yours, mine, or our buddies’ ass) the focus should be function – how well it works, how well it amplifies our ability to execute/operate, how well it protects, etc. Now, if there are two identical (or at least similar) performing products, we can postulate opinions on which one looks better….

7. SSD says:

Feel free to start a company, build stuff, amass a customer base, have that customer base come to you to build a product, have them be happy with the product they asked for and then report to us on your progress.

Until then, you’re just an amateur.