We’re expanding and as our business grows and our product range broadens, we’ve found it necessary to make significant investments in our organization. Notably, we’re completing our new 85,000 sq ft landmark facility which is designed from the ground up to facilitate innovation. Similarly, we’re investing in our people and are looking for someone who’s personally supportive of our customers and equally driven to deliver exceptional products for our market. We’re seeking the right person to lead our product design efforts from concept through production and beyond. This position reports directly to the COO and CEO.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial Design or a related field.
• 10+ years established experience with a background in product design and development.
• Excellent real-world design sensibilities. Our work is highly technical and the successful candidate must be comfortable working at the highest levels of product strategy and equally comfortable helping resolve intricate technical details with the design team.
• Proven expertise leading and managing a creative technical team.
• Must have extensive product development process management experience.
• Proven experience in maintaining design intent from concept to final product.
• Proven expertise in keeping multiple projects on schedule without sacrificing design quality.
• Soft goods/apparel and hard goods design experience is critical – hands on working knowledge of modern fabrication tools and techniques is important.
• Our ideal candidate has a well-developed working knowledge of garment making, metal and plastics manufacturing techniques, rapid visualization and prototyping… someone who feels just as comfortable in a sample shop as they do in a meeting room.
• Proficiency with full MS Office Suite and Adobe Suite of products.
• Advanced 3D modeling, surfacing, and rapid prototyping background is desired.
• Must be an excellent communicator throughout the organization.
• Must have a keen sense of our markets and design directions within our industry.
• Must be able to quickly visualize and communicate concepts with the group
• Must have an innate sense of brand and style and be able to consistently translate that into product development decisions.
• Be accountable for the overall output of the design team in terms of quality, schedule, and cost.
• Help the design team successfully navigate all the technical challenges inherent to innovative product development.
• Help vet, analyze and select successful new product concepts.
• Work directly with the Production Department and other departments to ensure that the Design Department is providing the most value possible to the company.
• Create, maintain and achieve aggressive product development timelines.
• Create, track and meet product development budgets.
• Be the top-level representative of the Design Department within the company.
• Make Design Department staffing decisions.
• Allocate Design Department resources for all projects.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.