Propper International has been a prime government contractor for decades, supplying clothing and individual equipment. They have just released the new ACU cut, for commercial sale in MultiCam and Universal Camouflage Pattern.
For those of you unfamiliar with the new cut, concurrent with the release of the Operational Camouflage Pattern, the service made some changes to the design of the Army Camouflage Uniform.
– Mandarin collar has been replaced with a fold down collar design
– Upper sleeve pocket hook and loop flap closure replaced with a zipper
– Pocket lengthened by one inch
– Elbow patch pad removed and hook and loop for patches removed, but double fabric reinforcement has been retained
– Sleeve pen pocket reduced from three pen channels to two
– Drawstring removed from waistband
– Cord and barrel removed from cargo pocket and replaced with button closure
– Knee patch pad removed and hook and loop for patches removed, but double fabric reinforcement has been retained
– Hook and loop on lower leg pocket flap replaced with button closure
For many, the MultiCam pattern is welcome, considering it outperforms the Army’s OCP. However, many of you may be scratching your heads over the UCP offering. This is because some organizations outside of the Army, continue to use the pattern.
The uniforms are available in 50/50 NYCO or Battle Rip 65/35 PolyCotton in MultiCam and 50/50 NYCO in UCP.